See an mp3Car review of this product here.
OBDLink is the successor to ElmScan
5 — the number one best-selling PC-based scan tool in the world. Bluetooth option (range up
to 100 m/330 ft) in addition to the built-in USB interface. Like
its predecessor, OBDLink supports all OBD-2 compliant vehicles,
and is compatible with all diagnostic software written for the ELM327-based
OBDLink is our latest, most advanced PC-based scan tool that supports all
OBD-2 compliant vehicles. Use it to convert your laptop, netbook, or desktop
PC into a sophisticated, easy to use diagnostic system — for a small
fraction of the cost of comparable standalone units! The package includes
everything you need to diagnose your vehicle's problems.
Ships with free OBDwiz
Basic diagnostic software included with the scan tool, allows you to:
- Turn off Check Engine Light, and erase stored diagnostic information
- Read and Erase Trouble Codes (Generic and Manufacturer-Specific)
- Display 60+ Real-Time Parameters
Premium diagnostic software offers
a myriad of additional features, including access to proprietary systems such
as ABS, and thousands of enhanced manufacturer-specific parameters.
The firmware inside the OBDLink unit is upgradeable, which means you
can enjoy the latest features by downloading a free update.
- USB interface
- Baud rates from 9600 up to 1.4M baud
- Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Compatible with more diagnostic software than any other scan tool
- Extended command set allows the tool to perform enhanced diagnostics
not possible with ELM327-based scan tools
- User upgradeable via free downloads
- Can be powered from OBD or USB, for even easier firmware updates
- Improved automatic protocol detection algorithm
- Smart keep-alive algorithm helps ensure a stable connection on
ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer allows the scan tool to receive large amounts
- Greatly increased data throughput delivers faster screen updates
and more graph points
- Dimensions: 3.75" x 1.7" (95 mm x 43 mm)
OBDLink is compatible with all model year 1996-2010 cars and light trucks
sold in the United States, including all American, European, and Asian vehicles.
OBD legislation varies from country to country, therefore if you reside outside
the United States, make
sure that your vehicle is OBD-2 compliant before purchasing this product.
If you are in doubt, please remember that you can return the scan tool for
a full refund within 90 days of purchase.
- OBDLink unit
- USB cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- OBD-II cable (6 feet/1.8 m)
- Quick Start Guide
- Installation CD
Quick Start Guide
v1.14 diagnostic software
This product comes with an unconditional 90-day money-back guarantee,
and a 3 year warranty available through Scantool.