- Introducing the world's smallest and fastest OBD adapter! Engineered to accelerate performance on mobile OBD Apps like Torque, MX is also the first Bluetooth scan tool that can access SW CAN & MS CAN networks in addition to standard OBDII protocols. MX is up to 400% faster than the closest competitor.Thanks to our BatterySaver technology, you can even leave MX plugged in without draining your battery when the engine is off.
- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor MX accelerates Apps by up to 250% and PC software by up to 400%. Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW CAN & MS CAN protocols MX is the only scan tool in its class that can access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBDII protocols.
- World's smallest scan tool At just under 2 long, OBDLink won't obstruct driver legroom.
- Hack-Proof Cutting-edge security scheme virtually eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- BatterySaver Technology MX's innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car's battery
- Read & Clear Check Engine light Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on PC's, Smart Phones, and Tablets Turn your laptop, netbook, Android, or Symbian device into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. Note: Not compatible with Apple products.
- Works on a wider range of vehicles OBDLink's advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool.
- Free diagnostics software Includes ScanTool.net's exclusive OBDwiz license for Windows (a $39.95 value)
- Peace of Mind Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Superior Compatibility works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Supported Devices, Software & Apps
- Android Smart Phones & Tablets.
- Recommended Apps:
- Bluetooth-enabled Windows PCs, Laptops, Netbooks (Windows 2000 & newer)
- Recommended Software:
OBDwiz (included FREE with OBDLink MX purchase)
- Symbian Smart Phones (Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony-Ericsson)
- Recommended App:
- Nokia N800 & 810 Internet tablets
- Recommended App:
- PalmOS & Pocket PC phones & PDAs
- Recommended App:
OBDLink MX works with all 1996 & newer model year cars and light trucks sold in the U.S., including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. Live outside the U.S.? Most newer non-U.S. vehicles are complaint with the OBDII standards. If you have any doubts, we do offer a 90 day, no-hassle money-back guarantee!
- Innovative 'Connect' button - requires physical access to enable Bluetooth pairing.
- 128-bit military grade data encryption, Man-in-the-Middle (MITM) protection.
- Class 2 Bluetooth transmission with Adaptive Power Control (max range: ~ 30 ft).
- Maximum Parameter ID (PID) rate: 124 PIDs/second for PC, 62 PIDs/second for Android.
- Legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Single Wire CAN (GM)
- Medium Speed CAN (Ford)
Exclusive OBDLink Features
- Extended command set - Enables OBDLink MX to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools. 100% compatible with legacy ELM327 command set.
- Upgradeable firmware - Free updates that unlock new features and keep your adapter up to date.
- BatterySaver - Allows MX to automatically enter Sleep mode when not in use.
- Advanced multi-protocol auto-detect algorithm - OBDLink MX connects to more OBDII vehicles than any adapter on the market.
- Smart keep-alive algorithm - Ensures a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer - STN1110's architecture allows OBDLink MX to manage larger amounts of data without error compared to older ELM327-based scan tools.
- Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
- Operating Voltage: 8-18V DC
- Operating Temperature: -4 to 131 F (-20 to 55 C)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
- OBDLink MX Scan Tool Interface
- CD containing OBDwiz and installation instructions
- Printed Quick Start Guide