Mimics Dash allows you to operate an iPhone via a touch screen monitor installed in your vehicle. After installing Mimics Dash, simply plug your iPhone in each time you enter your vehicle and enjoy the convenience of all of your iPhone's apps, music, phone, and navigation features on a safe, easy-to-use touch screen monitor. By bridging the gap between your iPhone and your car, Mimics becomes the ultimate in-car entertainment system.
Here's how it works: The touch interface is interpreted by the module, which is powered by the Lilliput monitor using the included barrel power input connector, and then transmitted via Bluetooth to your iPhone. Genius! Now you can control your phone from the monitor! Supply the monitor with your choice of iPhone video cables and you're ready to go. The Module draws power from the Lilliput monitor, and video is supplied to the monitor via the Apple HDMI dock connector (optional). Audio is supplied to your aftermarket amplifier* via the 3.5mm jack on your iPhone (optional). Choose the Mimics Cable Option and you’ll receive all of the cables necessary to get video and audio out from your phone and be able to charge while driving.
specifically for your vehicle, Mimics Dash is engineered to be an easy
install (or have your local car stereo shop do it for you):
iPhone App Requirements
In order to utilize Mimics, jailbreaking your iPhone is required. Once jailbroken, you'll need to download some or all of the following apps. Please remember these are not included in the price of Mimics.
1. Mimics Driver (free)
2. SB Rotator ($1.99)
3. Display Out ($2.99)
1. Landscape Lock ($1.00)
2. Scrolling Board ($1.50)
This includes everything you'll need to connect your iPhone to your Mimics monitor and amplifier*. All of the necessary cables needed to get video and audio out from your phone and be able to charge while driving are included in this kit.
1 Apple digital A/V dock connector
1 iPhone dock connector to USB
1 USB cigarette lighter charger
1 3.5mm to dual RCA cable
2 RCA female to dual RCA male cable
is a hobbyist grade product. Its installation and use may require some
technical skills and abilities on the part of the customer. While each
installation and use application differs, most require significant
customization, including but not limed to hardware/ software
configuration, the purchase, installation and use of additional products
not included (amplifier, cabling, etc), and substantial reconfiguration
of the mobile device interfacing with Mimics. These standards for
compatibility change regularly and without warning; we are unable to
guarantee continued compatibility with future software, firmware, and hardware
updates that are not released for your mobile device.
while mp3Car stands behind the products that we sell and always aspire
to offer the most up-to-date and effective technical support for all our
products, we also want customers to be aware that we are not
responsible for complications that arise due to the installation and use
of Mimics. We are not liable for damages done to life or property as a
result of this product's use, nor are we responsible for any damages
incurred through its installation. Mp3Car is also not responsible for
any Mimics-related actions that may be in violation of local, state, or
national laws, such as the operation of a touch screen while operating a
For additional information in what
type of customization is required for Mimics, please consult the
product's documentation. If you have further questions, please feel
free to contact mp3Car for clarification.
purchase, the customer recognizes these product limitations,
particularly in this phase of development that could be considered early
or 'beta,' and agrees to policies outlined in this disclaimer. We
appreciate your understanding of the issues surrounding this new and
very exciting product.
The Mimics is in 'Beta'
As such, the Mimics has these known problems. Mp3Car will not honor returns for the following issues:
1. Mimics requires the use of a Cydia app called Display Out. Screen flickering has been observed on occasion and has been attributed to this app. In order to fix this issue, one must go into the Display Out settings and switch the display resolution from 640 x 480 to a different setting and then back to 640 x 480. Additionally, flickering can sometimes be fixed by unplugging the dock connector and reconnecting it to your iPhone.
2. Currently, the Mimics will display the same image as your phone. Landscape apps will appear in landscape mode on your screen only if your phone is held in landscape. Portrait apps will appear sideways. An app called "Landscape Lock" can help with this problem by locking an app that has both landscape and portrait modes in landscape. This app will not help with apps that only have portrait mode.
3. Incoming callers will sound clear through your car speakers. However, incoming callers to your phone will hear an echoing of their voice when speaking to you. Noise canceling apps have not shown to help remedy this problem.
4. Bluetooth headset pairing is not possible with Mimics. Mimics pairs with your phone via Bluetooth and it is not possible to connect an additional headset when paired with Mimics.
1. Jailbreaking your iPhone is required to use Mimics. If you're not familiar with this process, please try doing this before your
order and install Mimics. Jailbreaking can require highly technical
skills and a bit of research to complete the process successfully. If
you're not comfortable jailbreaking your iPhone, please do not order
Mimics. Mp3Car will not be held liable for problems that occur during
this process or be able to help with technical support issues related to
the jailbreaking process.
2. Mimics requires the installation of an external amplifier to power your speakers. As with any external amplifier installation, it is important to note
that noise can be introduced into your system. To avoid this, properly
grounding all electronics in your vehicle including the new amplifier
and Mimics is necessary. You may need to ground these devices directly
to your battery and/or use ground loop isolators. You can read more
about troubleshooting noise on our forums.
Mimics is brought to you by