See an mp3Car review of this product HERE.
M4-ATX is an intelligent, high power, vehicle (car / boat / electric cart) DC-DC ATX PC power supply designed for use with car pc or general purpose battery powered applications. Designed to provide power and to control the motherboards's ON/OFF switch based on ignition status, M4-ATX is a wide input (6 to 30V) vehicle / car / battery operated ATX power supply capable of surviving tough car engine cranks (down to 6V) as well as transient over-voltage situations. Connect it to your car / boat / RV / solar battery and power up your PC!
By using Patent Pending HyperWatt[TM] technologies, M4-ATX packs an impressive amount of power relative with its small footprint. M4-ATX has several key advantages over traditional power supplies:
- Programmable shutdown / sleep modes via optional serial cable.
- Fits any motherboard equipped with a 20 or 24pin ATX connector.
- 100% silent, fanless, no moving parts.
- Operates from 6-30V, multi-chemistry batteries supported.
- Highly efficient design, does not produce a lot of heat.
- Works with any Intel Core Duo as well as all VIA or AMD processors.
Firmware on the M4-ATX can be changed to accommodate different behaviours. OEM / reseller integration is welcome. Please send en email to email@example.com with your custom requirements.
- 250 Watts (300 Watts peak)
- 20/24 pin ATX, 6-30V wide input
- Programmable timing settings via USB
- Intelligent shutdown controller
- ON/OFF motherboard control
- Survives vehicle engine cranks
- Battery deep discharge prevention
- High efficiency, 250 watts output
- "Anti-Thump" Amplifier remote control
- <1.5mA standby current
- VIA, Intel Core Duo, AMD CPU support
- manufactured by mini-box.com
- ROHS compliant version
|USB 2.0 interface|
|Minimum Input Operating. voltage:||6V|
|Maximum input Operating voltage:||30V (hard clamping will occur at 34 V)|
Deep-Discharge shutdown threshold:
|Input current limit (fuse protected):||mini-blade 25A|
|Max Output Power:||250 Watts / 300 Watts peak|
Deep Sleep Current Consumption
|Operating temperature:||-40 to +65 degrees Celsius (-40F to 149F)|
|Storage temperature:||-40 to +125 degrees Celsius (-40F to 257F)|
|Efficiency:||>95%, all rails combined, 50% load|
|PCB size:||120mmx93.95mm (4.9"x3.7")|
|Input Connectors:||M4 screw terminal
|Output Connector ATX Power:||ATX Power 24 pin (Molex P/N 39-01-2200)
|Maximum Power Characteristics|
|Output Rail||Current(Max)||Current Peak (<60sec)||Regulation|
10A (see below)
16A (see below)
When operating at < 8V or >28V or extreme temperatures, de-rate by 25%, ventilation might be required.
When operating at constant 160 watts or more, forced ventilation might be required.
|12V Rail Output Current (12v buck/boost converter)|
12V out current
12V out current
8A (10A peek)
12A (16A peek)
10A (12A peek)
12A (14A peek)
Additional product information:
Please note:Mp3Car will not provide tech support in regards to use and set-up of this product. Customers are expected to use the Mp3Car forums for assistance in these areas. A good place to start is the Mp3Car Power Supply sub-forum. Registration on the forums is easy and free.