- Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor – Experience faster screen updates and more graph points.
- Supports SW CAN & MS CAN protocols – Access these proprietary GM & Ford networks in addition to the 5 standard OBDII protocols.
- Small form factor – At just under 2” long, OBDLink won’t obstruct driver legroom.
- Strong WiFi Security – Cutting-edge security scheme virtually eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- BatterySaver Technology – Innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car’s battery.
- Read & Clear Check Engine light – Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
- Works on PC’s, Smart Phones, and Tablets – Turn your Android, iOS, and Windows phone or tablet, laptop, or netbook into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor.
- Works on a wider range of vehicles – OBDLink’s advanced algorithm enables MX to connect to more OBDII-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool (except hybrid or electric vehicles).
- Free diagnostics software – Includes the exclusive OBDLink app for iOS and Android, plus ScanTool.net’s exclusive OBDwiz license for Windows (a $39.95 value)
- Peace of Mind – Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Superior Compatibility – works with more 3rd party apps & software than any other adapter.
Supports all OBD-II protocols
Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN)
Supports Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)
Bluetooth v3.0 Interface
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g Interface
BatterySaver sleep mode
Works with all Android devices
Works with all Apple (iOS) devices
Works with all Windows devices
Free OBDLink mobile app
Free OBDwiz PC software
Hacker-proof security mechanism
3-year manufacturer warranty
90-day money-back guarantee
OBDLink MX works with all 1996 & newer model year cars and light trucks sold in the U.S., including all American, European, and Asian vehicles (except hybrid or electric vehicles). Live outside the U.S.? Most newer non-U.S. vehicles are complaint with the OBDII standards. Check here to verify that MX will work with your non-U.S. vehicle. If you have any doubts, we do offer a 90 day, no-hassle money-back guarantee!
Exclusive OBDLink Features
- Extended command set - Enables OBDLink MX to perform enhanced diagnostics not possible with ELM327-based scan tools. 100% compatible with legacy ELM327 command set.
- Upgradeable firmware - Free updates that unlock new features and keep your adapter up to date.
- BatterySaver™ - Allows MX to automatically enter Sleep mode when not in use.
- Advanced multi-protocol auto-detect algorithm - OBDLink MX connects to more OBDII vehicles than any adapter on the market.
- Smart keep-alive algorithm - Ensures a stable connection on ISO and KWP vehicles
- Large CAN memory buffer - Based on the STN1110 IC, MX Wi-Fi uses a variant of STN1170, allowing MX to manage larger amounts of data without error compared to older ELM327-based scan tools.
Legislated OBD protocols:
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO 14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO 9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- SAE J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- SAE J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- SAE J2411 (GMLAN, Single Wire CAN)
- Single Wire CAN (GM SWC)
- Medium Speed CAN (Ford MSC)
- Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
- Operating Voltage: 8-18V DC
- Operating Temperature: -4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
- OBDLink MX Scan Tool Interface
- Printed Quick Start Guide